The online world is changing rapidly. The internet user today is demanding and has more control over the buying process than marketers do. The newest challenge for internet marketers is the brutal competition in the digital industry and the rise of multi device content consumption.
The success mantra is to go where the customer is. That is why a comprehensive cross marketing strategy is imperative for success. It’s not an option anymore; it’s a must have. This is because users have a wide range of options available and they consume media on multiple devices. The content penetration is so intense that at times, a user sitting in front of a TV, with a laptop in his lap is engaged with his mobile phone. This means that marketers cannot afford to miss any channel and they must target every platform and put more efforts to impact customer’s choices more effectively. However, there are some misconceptions about the device use and some talk about the supposed death of desktop due to the increased mobile phone usage.
Well, the tremendous growth of M-ecommerce is undeniable, but we cannot certainly undermine the importance of desktops and Televisions. In this infographic below, GO-Gulf Dubai a web development company has determined some of the valuable stats that you must know about multi device content consumption.
- 90% of all media interactions are screen based, and more than 81% of people in the United States have access to desktops.
- More than 70% of digital users access the internet across multiple devices.
- Smartphones take the lead as an average user spends 170 minutes on smartphones compared to 120 minutes on a desktop and 75 minutes on tablets.
- 90% of multiple screen users use multiple screens to accomplish a task. For example, some shoppers refer desktop or laptops for online purchasing and use mobile devices for research or product reviews.
- 84% of digital marketers believe that a cross-device strategy is essential for effective marketing results.
Asad Ali is a digital marketing strategist having experience of more than 7 years. His vast exposure to SEO, boosting conversions and targeting relevant customers makes him an industry expert. Currently, he is heading the marketing team at GO-Gulf Dubai – a custom website development company. You can reach him on LinkedIn.