As a marketing tool, a landing page can be used for multiple purposes; to generate leads, to increase email subscribers list, for paid advertising, to boost sales of specific products among others. A good landing page will not only capture users attention immediately but it will also help increase brand awareness and help you yield more revenue.
However, while creating a landing page is an easy task, building a landing page that is well-optimized and drive conversions can be a challenge. Since landing page mistakes can impact your conversion rate, you need to ensure that the landing page you build comprises of key elements. Thus, in this post, let’s take a look at a few of the core landing page factors that are important for creating a perfect landing page.
1. Attention Grabbing Headline: Your landing page headline should be able to not only capture the attention of your target audience from the get-go but it should also build up curiosity, driving them to click on the link and check out your landing page. Ensure that the headline is engaging, informative and interesting. Also, while clickbait works, a misleading headline that is not aligned with your landing page content can lead to a higher bounce rate.
2. Concise Content and Relevant Visuals: Similar to your headline, your landing page content should be straightforward and interesting. Avoid long paragraphs and stick to bullets. Emphasize more on the benefits that customers can avail rather than the features of a product or service. Lastly, remember ‘a picture speaks a thousand words.’ So, don’t forget to include relevant and high-quality images.
3. Select the Right CTA: A Call-to-action (CTA) button is another landing page element that you need to get right. While traditional CTAs like ‘Click here’ and ‘Download Now’ still work, to better engage with your audience, it important to use a descriptive CTA like ‘Join Now’ or ‘Download Free eBook.’ This will have a greater impact, resulting in a high click-through rate.
4. Optimize Lead Capture Form: For greater conversion, ensure that your lead capture form is short & simple and includes only relevant fields. A long lead generation form that asks unnecessary information is a major put-off for most customers. Thus, optimize your lead capture form in such a way that it becomes easier for your customers to complete it without undue hassle.
5. Use Trust Symbols and Social Proof: To establish trust and assure your customers that any personal information shared via the landing page is secured displaying trust symbols/ badges like SSL is important. Social proof, on the other hand, can help increase conversion as it shows the number of likes, tweets and social shares. This is an indication as to how many customers have either purchased your product, subscribed to your website, downloaded your eBook etc.
The anatomy of a perfect landing page includes all these and more essential landing page best practices. To know more about all of these key landing page factors, read the entire guide here. For now, check out the below infographic to know the top 11 important elements that are needed to build a high-converting landing page.
The Anatomy Of A (Perfect) Landing Page [Infographic] by the team at LeadForest