Pinterest is gaining popularity in the social media circuit and thus, having your profile set up here can be extremely beneficial for your business. However, there are several businesses that have their official Pinterest page. Therefore, there should be something unique about your Pinterest page that may set you apart from your competitors.
SEO companies in India strongly recommend optimizing your Pinterest page for SEO. This is a sure shot way to get your business noticed by people who use search engines. By doing so, you increase the chances of your images being pinned and repinned tenfold. Given below is a comprehensive tutorial to help you optimize your Pinterest page.
Creating an Account
- Log on to http://www.pinterest.com. You will have 3 options to choose from. You can either log in via Facebook, Twitter or you could go through the traditional signup method wherein you enter you email ID and password and later verify the email ID to activate your account. The latter is the recommended method to use.
- You will be guided to create your profile.
- The username for your Pinterest account should preferably be the name of your business as it is easy for people to connect.
Creation of Boards
Once you have created your profile, you will be asked to select certain boards that you may like. Following these boards is compulsory to go into the next step.
- Select a category that is related to your business.
- You will then be prompted to choose at least 5 boards that appeal to you. Look closely at the boards and strictly select the ones that your business is involved in.
Editing the Profile
The first thing that you need to do is optimize your profile. In the description box fill in everything that your business does and how it helps people. This is the place where you should include all the relevant keywords, explain SEO companies in India. In the profile picture, add your business’s logo. However, you must note that optimizing the description box is only a fraction of what needs to be done.
Optimizing the Boards
- If you have created a board without paying attention to its SEO aspect, click on the ‘Edit’ option that appears right below the board.
- Once you do that, you will be directed to a page wherein you can make changes to the details of the board.
- The title of the board needs to be optimized first with keywords that best describe the board.
- The description of the board must contain a detailed compilation of words that describe both the board and how it is relevant to your business.
Ignoring this can cost you a decent amount of traffic. This is a mistake that you cannot afford to make. To ensure you optimize your images correctly, you must,
- Click on a particular image that you wish to optimize. You will notice an icon that looks like a pen on the top right corner of the pin.
- Click on it to edit your pin.
- In the Link section, always include the actual link of the image from your business website.
- For the description, include keywords as well. However, avoid being spammy and use it in a way that looks and feels natural.
In this way, a few simple steps can transform your Pinterest page into an SEO phenomenon. Following these guidelines will ensure that your Pinterest page ranks higher in the search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.