Those days are now gone when web designers and developers used to build simple websites; the demands of clients are now increasing day by day; they are raising their voice demanding for a website that include business functionality fulfilling business goals. The advent of hosted content management system successfully serves this purpose. The hosted CMS's serves as one-stop approach to content management that takes the hassle out of building, managing and hosting the first critical component of an Online Business - the website.
It saves time, preserve consistency as well as avoid duplication from other site. Hosted CMS are preferred these days for building websites due to various features such as creative freedom, good SEO starts, fool proof editing for clients, availability of familiar tools, and many others.
There are bulk of hosted CMS’s available but selecting a right CMS for right use is really critical. The webmasters or designers or developers used to prefer those hosted CMS on which they can run a business website effectively. Since, businesses websites requires to add more functionality as it is more targeted than individuals, thus, many of the hosted options available don’t quite fit to the circumstances.In this post we are detailing some of the incredible hosted content management systems packed with powerful features, which can carefully asses the personal as well as client’s needs. These hosted CMS covers all the basic as well as stand-out features that a typical website owner might want and which offer tremendous value and savings for clients too. Thus, let’s dig in and look in details what these platforms offers practically:
Vae which was formerly known by the name of Verb, is an all-in-one CMS, e-commerce and email marketing platform that allows you for redundant web hosting. It integrates everything needed to build a site onto a reliable hosting platform; it integrates well Flexible Content Management, eCommerce Shopping Cart, Newsletter Campaigns, Web Analytics, and a Deluxe Hosting Platform. Full support for PHP, HTML, CSS, MySQL, Subversion, and 3rd party apps and much more.
Unlike other CMS solutions that force designers and developers to think in terms of blocks or modules, Vae provides truly flexible content management where designers can build their own HTML code and upload it via FTP or check it into Subversion, just like they would at any other web host. It is not the right place for beginners to get started here; it is designed by web experts for web experts.
- FTP access, AJAX support, and HTML and CSS standards-compliant.
- Built-in Subversion repository, Full e-commerce support throughout.
- Full server access for third-party integration (e.g. WordPress).
- Image management and editing, Video encoding tools.
- Content definition system for dynamic content.
- CRM and customer tracking, Analytics, Email marketing and list-management tools etc.
- A hosted and hosting platform
- Local preview server
- Version control via Subversion
When you will prefer to host your website on Vae platform, you will have to pay charges for that depending upon the scale of your needs. In general. the prices ranges from $19.95 to $249.95 per month.
Some of the Sample websites Based on Vae platform
Light CMS promises to be the world’s best CMS for web designers as it offers complete design flexibility to the web designers giving them full control over their designs. This hosted content management system is mainly targeted to web designers and is easy to use and hassle free. No matter, whether anybody is designing a single site or building a web design business with hundreds of clients, this CMS has varieties of tools which let you to succeed in every situation. Also, if anybody is using LightCMS to create websites and online stores for clients, they can get free access to a comprehensive suite of tools for their design business including Automated client billing, Automated client sign-up, Setting own pricing and profit, LightCMS Rewards including cash back, Custom-branded admin interface, unlimited free demo sites, and much more.
- FTP access, HTML and CSS standards support, SSL security, Free templates
- In-place editing tools for drag-and-drop, Blogs, podcasts and RSS feeds
- Integrated form builder, Calendars and events, Photo gallery modules
- SEO-friendly complete with XML site maps and custom robots.txt files
- Fully-integrated e-commerce and shopping cart solution
- Admin user management with granular permission control
- An approachable platform
- Unique module approach
- Free templates ready to go
One can start creating a basic website on this hosted CMS platform free of cost. The price ranges from zero (i.e. free) to $99 per month; each price plans containing all the features required.
Some of the Sample websites Based on Light CMS platform
Oak Mountain Church
Business Catalyst is a hosted all-in-one CMS platform for building amazing websites and online stores without any requirement of server-side or back-end coding. This content management system offers a unified platform which enables you to build everything ranging from amazing websites to powerful online stores, beautiful brochure-ware sites to lead generation mini-sites.
Business Catalyst well integrates all the critical business tools that a small business would need online, including blogging, e-commerce, CRM, email marketing and analytics. If we understand Business Catalyst from a developer’s standpoint, it owes one more advantage that is its Dreamweaver integration which allows developers to work in a familiar environment.
- Standard content management, Blogging, Comments on anything, Forums, RSS feeds
- Secure zones and paid memberships, Re-usable content holders
- Dreamweaver integration, E-commerce integration with built-in SSL
- Full CRM integration, Form builder, Email marketing and list management
- Web apps for repeatable content sets, Analytics and reporting
- Template-based website building, Email and DNS hosting, Custom work-flows
- Web applications
- Secure zones
- Customer Management
Hosting plans with Business Catalyst range from $9 to $39 per month; the more you pay, the more features are you can avail.
Some of the Sample websites Based on Business Catalyst platform
Squarespace is a fully hosted Content Management System which provides completely managed environment for creating and maintaining a beautiful website, blog, or portfolio. Anyone whether bloggers, businesses or photographers, who wants to create an extraordinary website, this CMS’s flexible platform powers sites of all sizes by giving full control over the content and site customization. Generally, it is said that Squarespace lies behind the success of all the exceptional websites.
- Managed content, Blogging, Social media integration
- iPhone- iPad-based management
- Blog importing tools, In-context editing, Analytics
- Large selection of beautiful templates, Photo galleries
- Form building and data collection
- 20+ content type modules, Real-time designing
- Packaged functionality
- Free templates
- Dynamic layouts
Hosting websites on Squarespace fees range from $10 to $40 per month. The three price points come with different feature sets.
Some of the Sample websites Based on Squarespace platform.
Webvanta offers a unique approach to starting a website. You are prompted to select from a list of “smart themes.” These templates are bare-bone design but come with common features depending on the type of template. They’re like a giant shortcut. Fortunately, they are trimmed down enough that re-skinning is not a problem. Unlike other CMS’s, it offers several tools as well as galleries and assisty you in launching more robust sites faster and with fewer headaches.
- Standard content, Blogging
- “Information portal” data model
- Form builder, Photo galleries, Event calendars
- Smart themes (i.e. feature sets)
- RSS feeds, Search option, Custom database
- Reusable templates and snippets
- Custom databases
- Powerhouse snippets
The price range of hosting website on Webvanta starts from zero (i.e. free service) and lasts at $99 per month. It offers five price points to choose from, each one full fledged with several features that works for building a website.
Some of the Sample websites Based on Webvanta platform