You heard it for years – “…Got to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps” or perhaps it was “You reap what you sow”. Your old man was certainly clueless when you were a teenager but now,with a few notches in your belt, it would seem that his wisdom has grown a great deal since. Now you’re proudly carrying that torch and, with it, that great American ethos that says if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.
Your father was right about that, that’s how it should be – but you won’t forget that winter of cold showers when Dad refused to hire a plumber to fix the hot water heater because he could “do it himself”. When it comes to preserving and growing the precious value of your brand equity, you should consider trusting the professionals and here is why:
1. Focus – Your clients are the most valuable part of your business. They deserve your undivided attention.
2. Time – You may be a professional but not a marketing professional. There isn’t enough time in the day to run both a company and a campaign effectively; one will inevitably suffer. Eliminate the burden of wearing an unfamiliar hat and spend your time where you want to; time better spent with clients, managing your business or at home with the family or your 50” plasma.
3. Perspective – You stay on the cutting edge of your field. You read the articles, the journals and attend that mind-numbing conference once a year. You know your product and your customers inside and out so who better to run a campaign but you? Well the fact of the matter is a quality online marketing firm is as cutting edge in their own field. Remember, the good agencies aren’t there to replace you but to take what you know and build on it; to help you connect with your customers on a fundamental and human level in ways you might not have thought possible.
4. Experience – With technology becoming ubiquitous in our lives, a whole new realm of marketing has emerged. Is your company on Facebook? Are you tweeting? Does your company website still look like it’s hosted on Geocities? From social media to branding, search engine optimization to word-of-mouth, marketing agency professionals reign over their ever-changing realm by staying up to speed with the industry so you don’t have to.
5. Money – Simple enough but seems counter-intuitive. “Can’t I save money with in-house marketing?”, but the financial gains you will see from bringing an agency into the picture might not be so black and white. Why hire someone internally to run a campaign when you can hire a professional marketing firm to run your campaign for the same price with better results? If you could put a dollar value on items 1 through 4 above, what would their sum be? Bottom line – if you aren’t using a professional marketing firm, you aren’t maximizing brand equity and in turn, you’re not maximizing profits. Marketing agencies aren’t just for the Fortune 500 and let’s face it – you can’t do it all by yourself.